It’s officially the first day of summer! The absolute best season of the year (in my humble opinion). I hope you are all fully enjoying the longest day of the year today and hopefully you’ve adorned yourself with the summer’s most essential accessory–sunblock. I’ve always found it especially difficult to find a good sunblock for my face. And although I’ve been completely guilty of skimping on the SPF in the past, I’ve learned my lesson and am ready & willing to pass along some good nuggets to you all. Real Simple has listed 5 great sunblocks for your face for every occasion.
1. For the Natural Product Lover: Korres SPF 30 High Protection Sunscreen Emulsion – non chemical ingrediants such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide make a strong shield. www.sephora.com
2. For the City Slicker: Lancome UV Expert 20 – Lightweight protection that works well under make-up. www.lancome-usa.com
3. For the Beachgoer: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 85 – this powder-based lotion is sweatproof and water resistant and won’t leave the skin feeling greasy. at drugstores
4. For the Traveler: California Baby SPF 30+ Sunblock Stick – a compact but effective stick that can cover even large areas. Plus it’s made for babies so it’s non-irritating. www.californiababy.com
5. For Everyday Use: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 – My own personal favorite. It’s clinically proven to tone skin and it has natural light diffusers. at drugstores.
There. You’re armed with plenty of sun protection options so now there’s no excuse for not slathering on the all important SPF before heading outside this summer.