Gwen Stefani loves her Harajuku girls. And to show her love for them she’s morphed them into tiny perfume bottles! Inspired by the electric street scene of the Harajuku shopping district in Tokyo, the Harajuku Lovers fragrance collection captures the lyrics and iconography from Gwen Stefani’s albums. Five scents have been released for the debut and each fragrance bottle is modeled after Gwen’s real-life Harajuku entourage: Love, Angel, Music & Baby (Also the acronym for her designer purse line, L.A.M.B. – I told you she loved her girls!) The fifth scent represents their leader, “G”
The tagline for the fragrance line is “a fatal attraction to cuteness” and it’s true, the bottles are adorable.
I went to Nordstrom’s last weekend to check them out in person. I don’t typically like scents inspired by singers and actresses (yes, even you, Jessica Simpson) but I have to say that these were pretty unique. Very sweet and flirty with a hint of oriental flavors. And if you haven’t guessed by my obsession with Hanae Mori – I looove Oriental scents. Check out the basenotes below. There are definitely some elements that I’ve never seen before like drydown of lollipop accord:
- LOVE is a floral with top notes of sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach and bamboo leaf mist; a heart of watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paperwhites and Egyptian jasmine, and a drydown of petally ylang, creamy vanilla orchid, sensual musk and blond wood.
- LIL’ ANGEL is a fruity floral with notes of raspberry, cranberry, blackberry and pineapple; a heart of pear blossom, candied violet and sugared rose, and a drydown of lollipop accord, hinoki wood and crystal amber.
- MUSIC has top notes of clementine and sparkling pear; a heart of jasmine sambac, sweet pea and honeysuckle, and a drydown of vanilla, skin musk and sleek woods.
- BABY has top notes of freesia, bergamot and white rose; a heart of orange flower, tiare flower and jasmine petals, and a drydown of white musk, soft woods, heliotrope, vanilla and violet.
- G has top notes of crisp mandarin, fresh coconut and apple skin; a heart of jasmine sambac, soft freesia and magnolia vapor, and a drydown of coconut cream, white sandalwood and cottonwoods.
So all in all, I like the new line. Very unique and fresh. Plus those little dolls would totally jazz up my vanity. Let me know what you think if you get a whiff.